Paul Loska thoroughly enjoyed his original DCB—the first M28R walk-through open bow ever built by the company. But now he’s ready to move on…to the third-ever M28R walk-through open bow. The difference is that this 2021 model is powered by Mercury Racing‘s innovative 450R outboards.
San Diego-based Loska, who owns a land surveying company, got a huge kick out of that first purchase from DCB Performance Boats, an open-bow version powered by 400R outboards that was delivered to him last April’s Desert Storm Poker Run and capable of 110+ mph speeds. This morning, little more than a year later, Loska was handed the key to his new M28R, an even faster boat that he plans to use on Lakes Havasu and Powell. As passionate as he is about the boats, he reserves his biggest praise for working with the entire DCB crew.
“They’re incredible,” he says. “Their customer service is unparalleled. You’re like a family member. They do exactly what they say and they never make promises they don’t keep. It’s just an incredible experience all the way around.”
Loska also gives a big thumbs-up to DCB’s high-quality manufacturing process. “They vacuum bag and infuse them, which hardly anybody else does,” he notes. “I love the hull. It does everything extremely well. It’s just dialed in so perfect.”
Loska enjoys using his DCBs with his wife, Debbie, with whom he has six grown children.
2021 M28R Specs
Hull: Walk-through open bow
Power: Twin Mercury Racing 450Rs
Props: Mercury Racing five-blade CNC cleavers
• Billet foot shower at front, along with Fusion hard wired remote social distancing at the bow of the boat.
• Flip-up lumbar seats in open bow for ease of storage and access at the helm area.
• Two 55-gallon fuel tanks.
• Shaun Torrante Racing X-Act engine brackets.
• 100% Alcantara interior package.
• Custom 3-color SeaDek kit.
• Custom Isotta Carlotta steering wheel (black with Blue stitching to match interior).
• Phase III gelcoat scheme.
• Half cap with polished SS rubrail.
• Vacuum Infused Resin (VIR) process, foam-cored, with partial carbon-fiber layup
• Two Mercury VV9 touch screen monitors.
• Interior Rigid LED lighting package (mood lighting, courtesy lighting, LED cupholders).
• Oversized 40” Billet swimstep with SeaDek lining and telescoping retractable ladder for easy boarding.
• Rigid tunnel lighting, with LED lit 18” billet grabhandle on transom.
• Stage III stereo Fusion head unit | Three (3) hard-wired remotes | Two (2) JL Audio amplifiers | Twelve (12) JL Audio M6 midrange speakers with LED | Two (2) 12” JL Audio M7 free air subwoofers.
• Mercury DTS controls.
• Bimini top.
• Extreme Custom Trailer, triple-axle with two-tone chrome & black 18” FUEL rims, SS fenders and triangular drive guard, front courtesy ladder, under carriage LED mood lighting, etc.